The Morgan County Emergency Management Services Department has four principal functions in preparing for and responding to disasters:
- Morgan County Emergency Management assists local citizens in planning for natural disasters such as tornadoes, winter storms, floods, and man-made disasters such as chemical spills.
- Training snd education programs are offered in support of emergence planning.
- Exercises ranging from tabletop version to full-scale mock accidents involving entire communities are stages to assure that the proposed plan works.
- Before Disaster Strikes
Everyday activities include monitoring the capability to respond to emergencies and to assist in level of readiness.
- Recovery activities are those which are necessary to return life to normal in a disaster stricken community.
- Mitigation is the effort of local, state and federal governments which includes any activities that reduce or eliminate problems associated with disasters.